Navigating Chicago couldn’t be easier for the iphone user. And Suite Home Chicago will tell you how
“If there is one area where iPhone/iPad apps have made a difference, it’s for the traveler. Whether on vacation, a trek or business,iPhone travel apps place a world of information directly at your fingertips and on your cell phone.” To see more please visit http://www.top10travelapps.com/
Have you recently moved the windy city? Are you planning a trip to Chicago? Is your job relocating you and your family to the Chicago area?
Here are my top five apps to help you navigate the streets of Chicago and get the most for your experience.
Choose Chicago- FREE:
Access all things Chicago with Choose Chicago’s free iPhone app. With it, you’ll be able to find countless things to do, plus great deals, near your location anywhere in the city.
* Search for Attractions, Dining, Entertainment and more
* Access contact information maps for specific businesses
* Discover things to do near your location
* Get great deals
* Find events happening all around the city
* Get the latest Chicago weather
* Create a list of favorites to keep track of the places you most want to see
* Access Choose Chicago’s Facebook and Twitter accounts to get daily updates on what’s happening during your visit – See more at: http://www.top10travelapps.com/app/208#sthash.WS0doyz8.dpuf
Shop CHI- FREE:
Hello Chicago! Get Discounts, Coupons and Deals with the new Shop CHI App.
From food and drinks to housewares and sundries, we offer all you need in one app.
iTrans Chicago CTA- $0.99:
Never miss your train again: live CTA Train Tracker times right on your iPhone! Plus smart directions, the official system map, push alerts for service advisories, line diagrams, and street map mode. The best app for the ‘L’ system in Chicago.
Chicago Travel Guide- FREE:
Features of the Chicago Travel Guide by Triposo:
• This free app has a detailed sights section with all the monuments of Chicago.
• Eating out section with Chicago’s best restaurants.
• Discover the nightlife of Chicago! Bars, pubs & clubs.
• Book hotels in Chicago directly from the app.
• Travel guides for day trip destinations close to Chicago.
• An offline map of Chicago.
• The travel guide has a complete background information on Chicago.
• App works offline.
• Free app – no hidden costs.
CHI Pocket Guide- FREE:
Did you know that Chicago is home to the world’s largest collection of impressionist paintings outside Paris? Did you know that the city has the world’s largest Tiffany dome, at the Chicago Cultural Center, or that the “Historic Route 66” begins in Chicago at the famous Grant Park? Discover all this and more with our professionally designed sightseeing tours.
PocketGuide, the world’s leading audio city guide application, reveals the best stories, insider hangouts and must-see sights in more than 100 major cities and tourist destinations.
PocketGuide turns your mobile device into a personal tour guide: The GPS figures out where you are, and a voice recording, made by a local guide, describes the sights around you. You don’t need to read text from your phone, just listen and enjoy a city’s attractions while your virtual tour guide explains it all and shares personal insights.
PocketGuide works offline, so you save on roaming charges, and it includes an offline map and loads of critical reviews that help you decide where to eat, drink and shop.
So did I miss one of your favorites? I would love to hear from you and your experience. Please share with us your favorite app for living/traveling in Chicago!